Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Odyssey

We start reading tomorrow. Woo-whoo! We talked about Greek mythology today, and I told many of the stories. I told the Trojan War in an hour (with the back stories). Three times. My throat hurts. But it's SO worth it. The kids (even the "cool" kids) got wide-eyed several times.

One guy asked how long I had to study "that stuff" to know it so well. I honestly didn't have an answer. It's always been a part of my life. My grandparents told me many of the stories, and once I learned to read, I read a great deal of Greek mythology on my own. In fact, I got some of my Greek mythology mixed up with my Bible stories. I recall arguing with a Sunday school teacher that God did too chain some guy to a mountain and have an eagle eat out his liver everyday...

No comments: