Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Growing older...

I've been an avid reader for as long as I've been able to hold a book, and for much of my life I've been reading as many as ten books at one time. But not now. The THOUGHT of reading, and the browsing for books, gives me as much enjoyment as it ever has, but the act of reading is not as compelling. And I've finally figured out why. It's my vision. I had excellent vision until the age of 45 or so, but now, the reading glasses are mandatory, and I hate that. Smudges on the lenses make me crazy, and reading in bed at night has just become a chore.

When the youngest finishes college in a couple of years, vision surgery is on my "to do" list. Along with getting a Kindle.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Oh my, I've been blinder than a bat for years. It's so frustrating, dealing with the glasses and contacts...ugh. I'm so afraid of Lasix though....