Monday, March 30, 2009

What We'll Teach...

I will be out of the classroom tomorrow participatng in curriculum writing. I HATE leaving the kids with a sub (even though mine is a certified English teacher), but being on the curriculum writing committee is my way of making sure that I have some say in what happens.

It's really frustrating though because we are planning the curriculum with our current materials (10+ years old). TEA finally finished rewriting the English Language Arts TEKS last spring (and am I BITTER about that whole process...), and new textbooks have been developed for those. However, it will be more than a year before the new textbooks are available.

Teaching never frustrates me, and the kids never frustrate me, but boy do the grown ups in Austin make my head hurt...

No comments: